- I've always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. -Michael Jordan (Happy 50th Birthday Michael!)
- In your work, be legendary. In your life, make history.
- If you have never made a mistake then it means you have never tried something new.
- Every Champion was once a contender that refused to give up. -Rocky Balboa
- A goal without a plan is just a wish.
- Worry does not empty tomorrow of sorrow; but it empties today of strength. -Corrie Ten Boom
- I learned that the only way you are going to get anywhere in life is to work hard at it. -Bruce Jenner
- People of accomplishment rarely sat back & let things happen to them. They went out & happened to things. Leonardo Da Vinci
- Winners don't wait for chances, they take them. -Unknown
- Champions aren´t made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision -Muhammad Ali
Friday, February 22, 2013
Friday, November 9, 2012
- It isn't that life ashore is distasteful to me. But life at sea is better. -Sir Francis Drake
- He was now convinced that the most valuable sail on board was the diesel. -Ray Kauffman
- Ships are the nearest thing to dreams that hands have ever made. -Robert N. Rose
- It's a fine goal, to be sure. But it seems to me... that a ship like that one, makes this one here seem a bit superfluous, really. -Captain Jack Sparrow
- I'd like to be the ambassador to the Bahamas. -Eleanor Mondale
- Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit. -Brooks Atkinson
- Out of sight of land the sailor feels safe. It is the beach that worries him. -Charles G. Davis
- The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. -William A. Ward
- Tom Cruise, he's a lot more famous than me. -David Beckham (ok... wrong Cruise)
- I am on vacation!!! -Chris Reeder
Friday, November 2, 2012
- If you'll not settle for anything less than your best, you will be amazed at what you can accomplish in your lives. -Vince Lombardi
- I have a tip that can take 5 strokes off anyone's golf game. It's called an eraser. -Arnold Palmer
- Love never fails; Character never quits; and with patience and persistence; Dreams do come true. -Pete Maravich
- You can either throw in the towel or use it to wipe the sweat off your face.
- People only do their best at things they truly enjoy. -Jack Nicklaus
- Adversity doesn't build your character. Adversity reveals your character.
- Forgiveness is giving up my right to hurt you, for hurting me.@billcurtissc
- Make sure you tell the people you love that you love them. Loudly and often. You never know when it might be too late.@twhiddleston
- I could not, at any age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life was meant to be lived. -Eleanor Roosevelt
- I'm excited for Halloween, it's the one time of year I don' feel silly wearing a cape. -@DepressedDarth
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Monday, October 29, 2012
Why don't they look for the BEST in people?
Why do they always assume the WORST about people?Truth is, I have been asking the same questions to myself, too. Why do we as humans tend to assume the worst about people?
Pastor Bill said something the other week that really drove this point home with me.
"We must put forgiveness in overdrive!"As a leader,
What happens is
Who is that hurting? Not them! I just told you... they don't have a clue.
"Be a conduit of God's grace."GRACE = God's Riches At Christ's Expense
In other words, grace is unmerited favor. It's enjoying all the benefits without having done anything to deserve them. If God (who is perfect) can extend that kind of grace towards us, who are we to withhold it from others?
That's where the word CONDUIT comes in. It means "a channel, or fountain". See? When we receive God's unmerited favor towards us, it can flow through us and reach out to others. Indeed, that is exactly what it SHOULD do.
So, what do you say? Are you up for the challenge? Let's make a difference in this world by being different. Let's set others (and ourselves) free.
NO MORE thinking the worst of people!
BE A CONDUIT OF GOD's GRACE!!!
Friday, October 26, 2012
- Great leaders have bad ideas all the time. - Andy Stanley
- If you have to say you're the boss, you aren't.
- Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be. -John Wooden
- The function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers. - Ralph Nader
- Too many people are living for compliments, instead of living for accomplishments.
- Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it & staying with that plan. -Tom Landry
- I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying. -Michael Jordan
- Haters = [H]aving [A]nger [T]owards [E]veryone [R]eaching [S]uccess.
- There may be people that have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do. -Derek Jeter
- Never mistake activity for productivity! -Tammy "T-Time" Brawner
Monday, October 22, 2012
Well, Google never ceases to amaze! I just read this post and watched the video below.
You can actually use Google's Street View to "walk" through the front door of their data centers. It is so cool to see a company this size being so transparent to the public.
Hum... I think I see a virtual tour video of our data center in the future...
And by the way: I am putting my request in to buy a "Disk Crusher!"
Friday, October 19, 2012
- Be a conduit of God's grace.
- We must make our decisions with integrity, because God knows our motives. Truth and time will reveal our motives to others.
- Healthy things grow and healthy things reproduce!
- Fear is a barrier in your life. It stands in the way of the Faith of His Promises!
- Love people warts and all... And give people a break!
- Let's have faith that God can do what He says He is going to do!
- Prayer isn't given to us to change the mind of God. Prayer is given to us to express total dependence on God!
- We must put forgiveness in overdrive!
- People will believe the gospel when they see me living in a way that reflects His truth
- If we respond to our suffering in faith, we become a catalyst of grace for others.
I would also encourage you to visit his blog and follow him on twitter!
Friday, October 12, 2012
- Love believes the best in people! -Pastor Bill Curtis
- Tell me I can't, then watch me work twice as hard to prove you wrong. -Unknown
- Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the ""gotta have it"" scale. -Zig Ziglar
- Be a person who nurtures the dreams of others. -Dan Rockwell
- Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. -Unknown
- Never look back unless you are planning to go that way. -Henry David Thoreau
- Sometimes it is not enough to do our best; we must do what is required. -Winston Churchill
- Don't let a bad day make you feel like you have a bad life. -Unknown
- Keep your goals out of reach, but not out of sight. -@Fit_Motivator
- Give things that are within your means and never expect to get something else back in return. Giving is not a boomerang. -Unknown
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Please read at the yellow sticky note in front of the cup of coffee.
Thanks again! -KWow! The power of a thank you!
I consider the person that wrote this little note a great leader in our organization. They didn't have to do this, nor did I expect it for me helping their team yesterday. But what an impact it made on me!
As a leader we should always look for ways to say thank you to those around us. I am sure I don't tell people enough.
What a great example to set for other leaders in our company, church leadership, or even in our everyday lives!
So... I want to tell that great leader that left the sticky note...
Thank you "K" for that great piece of encouragement! and the coffee too!
Friday, October 5, 2012
- Being in power is like being a lady. If you have to remind people that you are, you aren't. -Margaret Thatcher
- If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you! - Henny Youngman
- The time is always right to do what is right. -Unknown
- Wonder what would happen if I hit the Cray Button? -Family Force 5
- It's so easy if we work as one. A team makes anything feel like fun when we work together. –Winnie The Pooh
- A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives. -Jackie Robinson
- When you don't listen to others, it sends them a very negative & unflattering message. You are telling them they are not important. -Miss Pray
- Way to go Gamecocks!! 38-17 v. UK!! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!! -Susanne Reeder
- I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. -Bill Cosby
- The only person that can do something about you being/doing status quo is you! Be a Go Getter! -Chris Reeder ;-)
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Today has been one of those days... It has been CRAzY!
I am trying to smile and have a great ending so I am singing quietly to myself the lines of one of my favorite songs lately. (I think my son Jake is rubbing off on me)
I ask myself...
Wonder what would happen if I hit the cray button? (watch the video to understand)
I think I am going to get a Cray button to have here at work!
Hope your day is brightened a little by this fun little jam! I know mine is...
And yes... I think I am becoming a Family Force 5 junkie!
Monday, October 1, 2012
Here's where you come in. I need your help as a reader of my blog and/or someone who wants to grow as a leader. I have a question for you. Similar to yesterday's question in my post on What would a great leader do?
If a great leader could speak to you about any leadership topic, what would you want to ask them to share to help you grow as a leader?
Please leave your comments on this post (preferred) or you can leave me a message on Twitter or Facebook.
Sunday, September 30, 2012
He said when he was a young leader, he would find himself in tough places with tough decisions to be made. I can so relate! I am in a place in my life where I have never been before. I am the Manager of Information Technology Infrastructure for the largest faith based software company in the world.
That comes with a good bit of responsibilities, some tough calls, and a great deal of "what should I do's."
I think this is why what Andy said during that podcast was so profound. He said in those situations he would ask himself "What would a great leader do in this situation?"
What a great way to look at things. I know I have leaders I look up to and I can probably answer that question for those leaders. I have begun this process of asking myself the question... "What would Andy Stanley, Dave Ramsey, or John Maxwell do?" I have several other great leaders I look up to but you get the idea.
This has been a huge help over the past month. Hope it will help you as well! Thanks Andy!
Thursday, September 27, 2012
"Contrary to popular belief–a disciple is NOT someone who merely knows a lot about the Bible. Heck, the devil knows a lot about the Bible…but I would not call him a disciple of Christ.What a great Word! The Bible says in Matthew 9:37, "Then he said to his disciples, 'The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few'."
When reading the Gospels I have seen over and over again that Jesus not only taught the disciples, but He also sent them out to do the work of God’s kingdom! AND…when He ascended into heaven, He left them to do the work.
Someone who wants to sit on their rear-end and read the Bible and then DO nothing is NOT becoming more like Christ…they are actually becoming more like satan…who, like I mentioned earlier, KNOWS Scripture but applies none of it."
In the day to day operation of God's Kingdom, there is a lot to be done. God calls all us men to be like Benaiah.
Huh?... who is that??? Turn in your Bible to 2 Samuel 23:20-23 (or just click the link). What a guy! He for sure did not sit on his rear-end! He did not back down from challenges. He tackled them head on...
So, back to the title of this post. Are you more like satan... or are you the disciple Jesus intended you to be? Are you merely content just to just go to church, or do you follow hard after Jesus? Just a thought.
I want to share a story about something my mom told me years ago. She was referring to my thoughts on my pay while working at Food Lion years ago. She said, "You do not give your employer $4.75 worth of work, you give them 100% of your effort regardless of pay."
The same can be said in Church life... When doing something, give it all you've got!!! Don't do it half way. Serve like you are doing the task for Jesus... because ultimately you are!
Saturday, September 22, 2012
"Pablo... Please come to Florida!!! Pablo..."
Monday, September 17, 2012
If that is you... Please Help!!!
As many of you know, I have two Labs: Bailey Blue Reeder (Choc) & General Beauregard Reeder (Black). We have grown to love them very much and they have truly become part of the family.
Problem is.. when we let them out to play or use the potty unattended, Bailey will dig out under the fence. Sometime Beau will to but it is mostly her. She is a year old and he is going on 7 months.
Does anyone have a good solution on how to stop this? Please leave a comment if you can help.
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Saturday, September 8, 2012
With names like Soul Glow Activatur, Crouton, Fatty, Nadaddy, and Chap Stique... How can you not love them!
If you want good uplifting music from some great guys that will make you smile...
So turn your speakers up and Let me see ya Wobble...
Following their youtube channel for on the road updates is a must too! If you are on Twitter, the links on their names above at to their twitter accounts.
Sunday, September 2, 2012
I'll put you through hell, but at the end of it all we'll be champions.
Be aware of "yes" men. Generally, they are losers. Surround yourself with winners. Never forget - people win.
Don't ever give up on ability. Don't give up on a player who has it.
Don't talk too much or too soon.
Get the winners into the game.
I don't hire anybody not brighter than I am. If they're not smarter than me, I don't need them.
I think the most important thing of all for any team is a winning attitude. The coaches must have it. The players must have it. The student body must have it. If you have dedicated players who believe in themselves, you don't need a lot of talent.
I'll never give up on a player regardless of his ability as long as he never gives up on himself. In time he will develop.
I'm no miracle man. I guarantee nothing but hard work.
Sacrifice. Work. Self-discipline. I teach these things, and my boys don't forget them when they leave.
Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.
The idea of molding men means a lot to me.
What matters...is not the size of the dog in the fight, but of the fight in the dog.
When I was a young coach I used to say, "Treat everybody alike." That's bull. Treat everybody fairly.
When you make a mistake, there are only three things you should ever do about it: 1. Admit it. 2. Learn from it, and 3. Don't repeat it.
Sure I'd like to beat Notre Dame, don't get me wrong. But nothing matters more than beating that cow college on the other side of the state.
If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, "Roll, tide, roll!"
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
This one is from the archives…
Flashback to 5/22/2008…
I know a lot of you have already seen this and already know about Twitter... If that is you, please hang in there... there are a lot of subscribers and others that read my blog that do not have a clue what it is...
So, what is this twitter thing???
So, if this looks cool to you, go on over to Twitter.com and signup.
Then you can follow me.
If you are reading this and you created or have a twitter account, please leave a comment on this post so I will know about ya and be able to follow you!
Back to 2012!
Not a lot has changed… still love Twitter… and still would still love to connect!